Monday, October 1, 2007

Keah's Big Day!

Well, It’s Monday, October 01, 2007! Keah’s ¼ of a century old today! We’re in Salima to do a little re-supply and hope to get on a bus back today, but if we miss a bus we’ll stay here and go back tomorrow... which is what I’d like to do anyway... it’s nice to be back at site, but it’s been hard to do anything special for Keah at site... We didn’t do anything special for our 2 year anniversary and then we didn’t have anything planned for her birthday...

I hope to take her to Liwonde National Park soon to visit another PCV and also to kinda do a little celebration for the two we’ve missed... Liwonde is supposed to be on par with any of the really amazing game reserves in other countries but just not very well known... on an international scale at least... that seems to be how it is here... This place is like a lost paradise that no one seems to know about and I think that’s part of the beauty of Malawi... It’s not overrun by tourists... Well, maybe at the Lake but that’s it.

This place has amazing climbing all over the whole country and it’s very unknown... I’m riding down the road going through Dedza district and my mouth is watering seeing all the granite rock... my mouth is watering and me with no ropes! It is a very, very sad situation, let me tell you! I’d love to put together some climbing trips throughout Malawi! Another amazing situation is the face of Malawi’s largest mountain is the largest rock face in all of Africa!

Check out Mount Mulanje! It is an amazing place! As soon as my knee gets worked out I hope Keah and I will go do a little hiking there! They have Cabins at hikeable intervals all the way up the mountain and around the top of the mountain. Some PCVs go up the mountain for a week or two and hike the whole time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a happy Birthday Keah, Way to go Bryan, you did good! We love you
Mom and Dad Roggow

Unknown said...

Happy bday Keah! We miss talking to you and Bryan but glad to hear all is well! The house it really coming along nicely! I love the herb garden and summer hut! your kitten is too cute, also! xoxo-Sondra

Anonymous said...

Hi Keah,
I finally figured this out. Happy Belated Birthday to you! God's blessings to you and Bryan (hope his knee is getting better).
+Peace!
Pastor Ron & Terry

Anonymous said...

Keah and Bryan,

It was so nice talking to you today!!!!!!!We will watch for the update and we will be praying for your knee Bryan! We love you guys so very much.

Mom and Dad Roggow