Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lots of Animals!!!!

We have taken the camera out...

Our Warthog friends!




My favorite animal in the park is the Kudu! We happened upon this large and strange group of 3 large males one young male and many female (around 20)!





Me and Kory our neighboring volunteer...


The easily found and in great numbers, Impala




We also came across some Water buck including the little one. These guys are easily identified by the white bulls eye on their back sides!




Look what else we found out there! Very rare and hard to find!


The red bishop



Ground Hornbill, this guy is huge 3 feet tall standing!


Geese


juvenile fish eagle



This bird loved the palm trees and he was very camera shy!


Small bee eater


Free ride!!! Yellow baboons


Hope you all enjoyed this!

3 comments:

Suzet said...

Yes!!!!! Great photos. We are so excited for you. Keep them comming as much as you can!We love you!!!
Mom and Dad R

GRCntwrks said...

Bryan, Eric had me send some books for you. So look for those, I hope you enjoy them, I liked them and Eric of course can not wait to talk to you about them.

Cool pictures too, I especially like that really rare and hard to capture animal with the funny shiny nose.

Miss you guys, hope you are doing well

Send more pictures, Scott and I will see about sending more food and yummy stuff. Let us know when you need more cheese!!

Sara

Mom and Dad Payne said...

Oh my how wonderful. The Africa we have all been wondering about is appearing. I know dealing with the animals might be harder than people once you get in your site. Hopefully not. So far it is fasinating and beautiful. Thanks for making my day.