Monday, October 6, 2008

Lots of Crocs!

We were in town for a long time, I got put on medical hold for most of it. I was having pain in my lower left abdomen. The docs ruled out a bunch of stuff, but never really identified the cause, so I am still feeling pain every once in awhile but not as bad as originally.

While we were in town we visited the Nature Sactuary. Actually it was like walking into an open zoo (no cages). We saw all kinds of birds and even some crocodiles. The second picture is of weavers nests in a tree over the river.





We also got to do a lot of baking and cooking, we made strawberry/apple pie!



So October first came around… I officially became 26 and we had friends visit! Lyndsey (Peace Corps Zambia), Mark (studying abroad in South Africa) and Mark’s room mate Hans. We took them to Sharpevale to see our home and then to Senga Bay, Lake Malawi. Sadly I do not have photos of people, actually the only time we had the camera was at the croc farm! So here are some crocs!




We visited the Croc farm in Senga Bay were they breed crocs for there skins. We got to watch them feed the big ones. They said the big ones eat 15 -20 chickens each! Good thing they only feed once a week!

Once I get pictures from our friends I will post more! Our friends headed out yesterday, leaving us in Lilongwe again. Tomorrow we shall head back to Sharpevale...

1 comment:

Bitcoin badger said...

My hometown in Sandakan, Sabah, has some crocs farms too. And one of their side incomes is to give public performance with the crocs and collect fees! Oh my you should see how big those crocs can grow into.. Perhaps it's nothing compared to Nile's crocs?