Saturday, October 18, 2008

It is hot

We are now in the hottest part of the year, 100F before 9 and 10am. We are having to do things to keep cool like hanging wet clothes in the windows, but when the wind dies so does any hope of coolness. We just don’t do much during the hottest part of the day.



We read and write and if we have to go out we try to jump from shade spot to shade spot. Ending under a tree...



Mangoes are comin! Every time the wind blows down comes mangoes. The mangoes are so sweet this year a Malawian who tasted one asked if we had dipped them in sugar. No, but the reason they are confused is because the mangoe rains that sweeten and ripen the mangoes has not come yet? Our tree does not care, its ready!



Bryan has been peeling them and slicing them for drying. I have been avoiding them until I can not resist anymore! They smell soooo good, and the taste, a fresh mango is irresistible! But then I break out in my poison ivy rash… and restrain myself. Why did it have to be Mangoes? I could take allergies to Papias, but mangoes?! You know I thought you had to not like something to become allergic to something, but I was proven wrong.



Our puppy is pregnant… so I decided we can’t call her puppy any more. Now I call her lil mama. We think she will have her pups the last week of October. We are very thankful that our big girl is not pregnant, I don’t think we could feed her the amount of food she would need… No worries for homes for the pups, because a new group of Peace Corps Volunteers swear in when they will be 6 months old so we thought about just bringing them to the city to give to those new volunteers.



We are in town to volunteer at a fundraising dinner for the Summer Camp next month. Today we cook serve and cleanup after about 50 people… We will stay Sunday so we can attend a church we found here in the city… So that’s whats up with us.

4 comments:

Faisal Admar said...

i love mango and i have no idea how sweet the mangoes there taste like.

ScottyC said...

Hello Keah and Bryan
I think I may be one of those volunteers coming in 6 months. I was invited for an assignment in Malawi and I leave for it in February. Right now the cold is setting in here in Fairbanks, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around the change. As it sounds like you guys have been there a bit now, could you fill me in on a revised packing list? I'm trying to be light and movable. I'm sure you get asked stuff like this all the time, when you would really like to be asked about your work, and the reality on the ground, so to speak. However I would like to know just a bit about what I should bring, as I know most of what I need will be available overseas. You can e-mail me at raven-clan@hotmail.com my name is Scott. I know you guys don't have much time on the net, but if you find time, I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers!
Scott

Anonymous said...

HEY SIS!!!
I got it working!
I Love you both! and I am always praying!
~Shawna

Anonymous said...

I guess it helps if I tell you what it is huh? haha!
http://rahzels-life.blogspot.com/