Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Two of Us Back Together Again!

Hello Family!

Keah and I just came to Salima to do a little resupply and go to the bank, but guess what happen... We forgot our bank card... the whole reason for coming all the way to Salima is it is the only place near us where we can get money. Opps!

Well, we met a friend here and he loaned us some money so we could do anything we need to do for the next few weeks! Thank God for friends! We are in the process of buying some hybrid chickens, about 9 hens and one rooster, and some rabbits... we already acquired some doves and a dove collar..

We have a terrible protein deficiency in the village, which I think is leading to us being sick quit often. When our body is lacking the protein it needs to stay healthy, what do you expect...

But we are very, very happy to be back together! We really missed each other and being together helps when trying to recover from kusegula memba (diarrhea... yucky!)...

What else is going on? Not a lot... well... Ok... we are doing sooooo much on our house to make it our home! We are building demba (gardens) left and right! We’ll get some updated pictures next time we have a good connection!

We are really loving living in the village. We would not have come to Salima if we didn’t need to go to the bank... and then the bank didn’t work out... but zimatchatika (things happen!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are so silly. I know you don't carry your bank card around like you do here. Isn't it funny how things just leave our mind when we least expect it.
OH!! PROTEIN - Beans, beans beans..and a handful of nuts daily. Not peanuts..anything else is much better for you especially walnuts and almonds. Do you need us to send you cans of beans. Red beans, lentiles, kidney beans, garbonzo beans,Pinto is not good for type o blood. I eat a lot of pinto and I guess I need to do others. Ok..now you know how to get your protein. Do they have nut trees there? You could plant some. Love to you two. MOM Payne

Anonymous said...

Hey kids, Doc here

Sorry i've been out of the loop. Had no idea about Keah's situation. I'll keep you guys in the prayers and thoughts not that you haven't been already. I have a big surprise for Chadaux whenever I finally get a job and can afford to send you guys a goodie box (just like camp). We'll try to fill it with some treats and practical things. And of course some unpractical things otherwise it wouldn't be from me/us.

Sondra's job's going good. I was a counselor for an urban inner city camp for the summer just to bring in some money. WOW! That was an interesting experience to say the least. Tell you all about it later. Our house is coming along slowly but surely. Almost done painting. FYI we bought a beautiful house in Jax, FL but smokers lived in it so we had to revamp the whole inside.

Uh let's see. Not sure if you're able to see movies or not over there maybe not yet at least. I know you'll have to see Pirates. My other must see pick is Transformers. Amazing. Only movie i would pay to see twice. Wow! OSU cowboys are playing the GA Bulldogs labor day so we're driving up to ATL and Athens. ESPN said it's one of the best nonconference games of the season. I just hope we can hang.

I'm glad you guys are back together again. Sondra was in Jax working about a month before i moved down here and it was hell. I can only imagine not really being able to talk every night. It really makes you realize how much one person can make you feel complete.

Well, sorry to talk your ear off. I've got your blog marked now so i'll try to take some time to update you on anything. Just let me know
theflash3@hotmail.com
Also, what's the best way to send a package to you guys? Love ya both can't wait to see/hear all about your adventure. I'm working on my fortune so we can all hang out when you get back. And if you're ever feeling down I'm sure you can reflect on the many antics i did at camp. Man I'm a dork!

Doc/Flash

Anonymous said...

hey, just wanted to let you know a package and letter are going out today!!!! (it is the 17th of August) Love you both!!!!Oh also cell phones have been out but shoudl be back on by next week.
Mom and Dad Roggow

Unknown said...

Stick in there and eat your beans. I hope things are going really well for you guys. Travel has been crazy the last couple of weeks as I have made my way across the south west. New Mexico and Arizona, and now I am in Cali and making a 2 day journey up to Washington. I got you Text a while back and I hope you got what I sent back. Miss you guys. Have fun and keep growing those gardens.